How many times have you celebrated achieving goals in your business with your team?
Once a year, once in two years? Or is it more?
If you celebrate success more than once a year, you’re probably on the right track.
We all get sucked into the daily grind and pay less attention once a goal is achieved and look to the next one. Success is all too easily forgotten and sometimes more focus is paid to failures and mistakes.
Here’s why celebrating success can help your business.
1. Motivates everyone – staff feel appreciated and recognised and are motivated to achieve more.
2. Keeps the focus – reminds people of what the goal was and how it helped the business. It helps to keep the focus on the next goal. Even if there are some failures, it helps keep the focus on success.
3. Solidarity – helps everyone connect and reminds them of what the business is striving to achieve.
4. Leadership – taking time out to celebrate helps show that you care as long as it’s not a quick drink around the corner! It has to be something out of the ordinary and memorable.
5. Winning team – the message is that everyone is part of a winning team and that the business is successful.
When did you last celebrate a success and was it memorable?